Old Southern Date Cake
This is a vintage recipe which is well over 100 years old.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 packages seeded dates
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart (4 cups) pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine ingredients except pecans and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Add pecans and vanilla extract.
- Bake for 1 hour.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.