Peach Cobbler Supreme
- About 8 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter
- Any pastry for a double-crust pie
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven; set aside until syrup forms.
- Bring peach mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes or
- Remove from heat; add almond extract and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface, and cut
into an 8-inch square.
- Spoon half of peaches into a lightly buttered 8-inch square
baking dish; top with pastry square.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon remaining peaches over baked pastry square.
- Roll out remaining pastry, and cut into 1-inch strips to arrange in lattice design over
- Continue to bake for 15-18 minutes or until browned.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.