Pecan Pie Pockets
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (15-ounce) boxes refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and eggs.
- Stir in pecans, vanilla extract and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat, and
simmer for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll 1 pie crust. Cut out rounds, using a 4 1/2-inch
cutter. Re-roll dough as needed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining piecrusts.
- Place 1 piecrust round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush edges of crust
with beaten egg yolk.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pecan mixture in center of the
round. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining rounds and pecan mixture.
- In a Dutch oven or deep fryer, heat oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Fry pies, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Yield: 24 servings
Source: Paula Deen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.