The best pecan pie in the world - the reason is the pepper.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (pecan halves for top)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark Karo syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Mix sugar, salt, butter, syrup, vanilla extract
and pepper in a saucepan. Slowly melt to dissolve sugar and cool slightly.
- Blend in beaten eggs; add pecans and pour
into a 9-inch unbaked pie shell.
- Arrange pecan halves on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 375 degrees F.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.