Pepper Jelly Puffs
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Old English cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (4 ounce) jar hot pepper jelly
- Cut cheese and butter into flour.
- Quickly stir in water and shape into a ball.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out dough very thin and cut with a biscuit cutter into 2-inch circles.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon pepper jelly in center of each circle. Fold over and crimp edges with
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Puffs may be frozen before or after baking. Reheat before serving.
Yield: 2 to 3 dozen
Source: Best of the Best from the Deep South Cookbook