Potato and Onion Fry-Up
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 to 6 large potatoes, peeled, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 large onion, halved, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add potatoes and onions; cook, turning with spatula, 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover, cook until tender, stirring occasionally,
about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, turning mixture with a spatula, until onions
are golden, potatoes have begun to break apart and are slightly crunchy, 9 minutes.
- Stir in eggs; cook until firm, about 1 minute.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 208 calories, 53 percent of calories from
fat, 12 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 141 mg cholesterol, 19 g carbohydrates, 6 g protein,
245 mg sodium, 2 g fiber