- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1/3 cup Crisco
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- With all cold ingredients at room temperature, cream butter and Crisco.
- Add sugar until mixture is fluffy.
- Add eggs, blending well between each addition.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add flour and milk alternately to the sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
Beat mixture on medium for 1 minute.
- Bake at 350 degrees F in a well greased and floured tube pan for 1 hour to
1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 45 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.