Saucy Peach-Spiced Chicken
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup flour mixed with 1 teapoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 each fryer chicken legs and thighs or 2 breasts and 4 thighs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peaches (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mace or nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Hot, cooked rice
- Put oil to a depth of 1/2-inch in a large skillet.
- While oil is heating, dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- Brown chicken in hot oil.
- While chicken is browning, combine orange juice and peaches with brown sugar,
vinegar, mace or nutmeg, sweet basil and minced garlic in a saucepan. Simmer for
- Remove chicken when it is browned, and pour off oil, retaining the flavored browned
bits in skillet.
- Replace chicken and pour fruit sauce over top.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Source: South Carolina Peach Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southern Recipes