Seafood Cornbread Dressing
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Bread or make a large skillet of your own cornbread
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 small container chopped onions, celery, bell pepper, green onions
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 pound shrimp peel and deveined
- 1 pound crawfish tails, shrimp or crabmeat (or a combination)
- Garlic powder, salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste
- Prepare Cornbread mix according to package directions or prepare your own cornbread.
When done, crumble into a large bowl.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt margarine in skillet and add chopped vegetables; mix and sauté until wilted.
- Add, soup, broth, shrimp, crawfish or crabmeat. Mix well and heat, but do not boil.
- Add seasonings a little at a time. Taste and adjust until you get the desired taste.
- Put the bread mixture into a large greased baking pan.
- Add seafood mixture a little at a time and mix. You may have to add a little more moisture
(broth) to the mix if it is not moist enough. Add just a bit at a time so that it doesn't become too runny.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.