- 2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Dice the onions and scallions.
- Chop the parsley. Hold the parsley separately.
- In a medium pot, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (your choice)
- Once the oil is heated, add the onions and scallions. Glaze the onions and scallions.
- Once all are glazed, add 2 cups of water and the tomato paste. Stir until the
paste is dissolved.
- Lower the heat to a constant simmer for 35-40 minutes. Stir
occasionally and add water if needed.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- After simmering, add parsley and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and lower the heat for an additional 20 minutes. If the sauce looks to watery, you can dissolve 2 tablespoons of flour in a little water to a pasty consistency and slowly stir
- Serve over rice and/or corn bread.