Southern Buttermilk Cornbread
Buttermilk makes every bite of classic cornbread moist and tender.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups yellow, white or blue cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup fat-free egg product or 4 egg whites
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch round pan or 8-inch
square pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients with spoon until blended. Beat vigorously
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 40 min | Makes: 12 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 150 (Calories from
Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium
370mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southern Recipes