Southern Creamed Corn
- 14 ears white corn, husked and washed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- Run a sharp knife between each row of kernels. Cut kernels from the cob, saving
all juice. Place kernels and juice in a large bowl. With the dull side of the knife, scrape each cob over the bowl to release
all the milky juice.
- Add all remaining ingredients except bacon drippings, mixing well.
- In a large skillet, heat bacon drippings and add corn mixture, stirring until
well mixed. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.