Southern Delight Pecan Pie
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves or pieces (or 1 cup halves and pieces and 1/2 cup ground pecans)
- 1 deep dish pie crust, unbaked
- 1 (9-inch) glass pie pan
- To make filling, combine corn syrup and sugar in saucepan and stir to mix. Remove from heat,
add butter and allow butter to melt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until liquid and whisk in salt, bourbon, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in syrup and butter mixture, being careful not to over-mix. Allow to cool. (If you are making
a crust, do so now, while the filling cools.)
- Set oven rack at the lowest level of the oven and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange pecans in crust. Skim any foam from top of filling (or the top will have
an unattractively mottled surface), and pour over the pecans. With the back of a fork, press the pecans down into the filling so that they are covered.
- Bake the pie for about 45 minutes, until the crust is baked through and the filling is set and well
puffed in the center.
- Cool the pie on a rack and serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
Posted by Shellbob65 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.