Southern Delight Pecan Pie
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves or pieces (or 1 cup halves and pieces and 1/2 cup ground pecans)
- 1 deep dish pie crust, unbaked
- 1 (9-inch) glass pie pan
- To make filling, combine corn syrup and sugar in saucepan and stir to mix. Remove from heat,
add butter and allow butter to melt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until liquid and whisk in salt, bourbon, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in syrup and butter mixture, being careful not to over-mix. Allow to cool. (If you are making
a crust, do so now, while the filling cools.)
- Set oven rack at the lowest level of the oven and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange pecans in crust. Skim any foam from top of filling (or the top will have
an unattractively mottled surface), and pour over the pecans. With the back of a fork, press the pecans down into the filling so that they are covered.
- Bake the pie for about 45 minutes, until the crust is baked through and the filling is set and well
puffed in the center.
- Cool the pie on a rack and serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
Posted by Shellbob65 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.