Southern Fried Quail
- 10 to 12 quail
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour
- Dry and pick quail. Clean and wipe thoroughly.
- Salt, pepper and dredge with flour.
- Have ready a deep heavy frying pan with close-fitting lid half full of hot fat.
- Put in quail. Cook for a few minutes over a high heat, then cover skillet and reduce
heat. Cook slowly until tender, turning the quail when golden brown.
- Serve on hot platter garnished with slices of lemon and sprigs of parsley.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.