Southern Fried Quail
- 10 to 12 quail
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour
- Dry and pick quail. Clean and wipe thoroughly.
- Salt, pepper and dredge with flour.
- Have ready a deep heavy frying pan with close-fitting lid half full of hot fat.
- Put in quail. Cook for a few minutes over a high heat, then cover skillet and reduce
heat. Cook slowly until tender, turning the quail when golden brown.
- Serve on hot platter garnished with slices of lemon and sprigs of parsley.