Southern Hamburger Pie
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small can corn or green beans, drained (optional)
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell
- 5 slices Velveeta cheese, about 4 to 5 ounces
- 1 can flaky biscuits
- Begin thawing pie crust. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet on medium heat, breaking up the
beef with the back of a spoon, and cook until onions are soft.
- Drain excess fat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add corn or green beans if using.
- Put meat mixture into the pie shell and evenly distribute the cheese over the top.
- Separate biscuits and layer in a circular pattern over the pie, covering it completely
(you may not need all the biscuits).
- Cut a few small "steam slits" in
the top and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.