Southern Hamburger Pie
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small can corn or green beans, drained (optional)
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell
- 5 slices Velveeta cheese, about 4 to 5 ounces
- 1 can flaky biscuits
- Begin thawing pie crust. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet on medium heat, breaking up the
beef with the back of a spoon, and cook until onions are soft.
- Drain excess fat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add corn or green beans if using.
- Put meat mixture into the pie shell and evenly distribute the cheese over the top.
- Separate biscuits and layer in a circular pattern over the pie, covering it completely
(you may not need all the biscuits).
- Cut a few small "steam slits" in the top and bake for about 20 minutes until golden
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.