Southern Peanut Butter Soup
with Pepper Jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; add onion and celery. Sauté for about
- Add flour and mix until well blended.
- Stir in chicken broth and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain broth.
- Stir the peanut butter, salt and cream into the strained broth until well mixed.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish each serving with a teaspoon of chopped peanuts and a dollop
Yield: 4 servings