Southern Polenta Soup
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced green chile pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter, then add roasted red peppers and green chili. Sauté for
about 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Slowly stir in polenta to the boiling mixture until it thickens.
- Add Parmesan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for about 5 minutes.