Southern Shrimp and Grits
Prepare our Southern Shrimp and Grits to get a taste of southern cooking
wherever you live! You'll find Southern Shrimp and Grits to be a cheesy delight.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup instant grits
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add salt.
- Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook for 7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet on medium-heat heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Add shrimp, onions and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes or until shrimp
- Add bacon, parsley and lemon juice; mix well.
- Serve shrimp mixture over grits.
- Serve with a mixed green salad to round out the meal.
Nutritional Information: Calories 390; Total fat 17 g; Saturated fat 9 g;
Cholesterol 255 mg; Sodium 840 mg; Carbohydrate 25 g; Dietary fiber 2 g; Sugars
1 g; Protein 34 g
Vitamin A 20 %DV; Vitamin C 8 %DV; Calcium 25 %DV; Iron 70 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com