Southern Shrimp Sandwich
- 3/4 pound (340 grams) cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green pepper (capsicum)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped scallion, green and white parts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 6 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded lettuce
- Combine shrimp, vegetables, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and hot sauce (if desired)
in a bowl and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Spread the buns with butter and divide the lettuce among them.
- Top with the shrimp mixture.
Yield: 6 marvelous sandwiches
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.