Southern Shrimp Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (low fat is fine, do not use fat-free)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup (do not dilute)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 or 2 splashes Tabasco sauce
- Cooked rice
- In a 2-quart saucepan melt butter and then
sauté shrimp until done, making sure not to overcook.
- Add remainder of ingredients except rice.
Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Mixture will become a peach-colored
sauce with a gravy texture.
- Serve over rice.