Southern Squash Casserole
- 2 pounds yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Cook sliced squash in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes; drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cream of chicken soup, sour cream, grated carrot, chopped onion, melted butter and 1/2 of the package of cornbread stuffng mix. Mix gently
to combine, and then transfer mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Top evenly with remaining 1/2 package stuffing mix.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.