Southern Style Green Beans
These green beans are cooked with bacon, onions and a bit of vinegar and sugar
– the way it’s done in the South.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's® Garlic Salt with Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's® Seasoned Pepper
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat until crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Drain fat, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings in skillet. Heat drippings
over medium heat.
- Add green beans, onion, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt and seasoned pepper; cook
and stir for 7 to 8 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Stir in bacon.
Serves: 6 | 10 min Prep time | 15 min Cook time
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 106 Cholesterol: 8mg
Sodium: 270mg Protein: 3g Total Fat: 6g Fiber: 3g Carbohydrate: 10g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southern Recipes