Southern Sweet Chocolate Pie
Savor a serving of this indulgent, special occasion dessert that is perfect for
Prepare, bake and cool pie as directed. Wrap tightly; freeze. Thaw in refrigerator
- 1 (4 ounce) package BAKER'S GERMAN'S Sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust, unbaked
- 1 1/3 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan on very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add chocolate mixture, mixing until well blended. Pour into pie crust;
sprinkle with coconut and nuts. (Crust will be quite full; filling will not rise over sides.)
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is puffed and browned, covering loosely
with foil for the last 15 minutes. to prevent overbrowning if necessary. (Filling will be soft, but will set while cooling.)
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
One pie makes enough for 10 servings.
Nutritional Information: Calories 440; Total fat 24 g; Saturated fat 11 g;
Cholesterol 65 mg; Sodium 250 mg; Carbohydrate 55 g; Dietary fiber 2 g; Sugars 43
g; Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV; Vitamin C 0 %DV; Calcium 10 %DV; Iron 8 %DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com