Southern Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
- 1 1/2 cups sifted self-rising flour*
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
* If using all-purpose flour, sift 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon
salt with the flour and spices.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bottom only of a 9 x 4 x 2-inch loaf
- Stir together flour and spices in mixing bowl.
- With a spoon, stir in sugar, eggs, oil and milk; blend well.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, pecans and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. For easier slicing, wrap loaf and
store overnight in a cool place. Bread mellows over time and will keep for several days.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Source: Martha White Kitchens
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.