Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, butter and sugar
mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 1 hr | Yield: 8 servings