Southern Tea Cakes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Dough should be soft.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface until approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and bake on a slightly greased sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.