Super Sweet Tea
- 1 gallon spring or distilled water
- 1 healthy pinch baking soda
- 4 - 6 family size tea bags (I like Great Value Decaf)
- 2 - 2 1/4 cups sugar
- In a 2-quart saucepan add 1 healthy pinch
(about 1/8 teaspoon) of baking soda and fill pot to about 3/4 full and boil.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags. Let
bags set for about an hour, dipping 4-5 times every 15 minutes or so.
- While waiting for tea to steep, in a 1-gallon
pitcher, add the sugar and add roughly 1 quart of water to dissolve the sugar.
- When finished steeping, add tea to sugar
water mixture and add remaining water; stir and chill.
Recipe shared with recipegoldmine.com by Randy Hartline.