Tomato Gravy and Rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Fry bacon in frying pan until done but not crisp, then cut into pieces.
- Add onions and green peppers to frying pan; sauté until soft.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix flour with enough water to make a smooth paste. Add this to the other ingredients,
stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve over rice.