Black Walnut Wild Rice
Serve a stand out dish full of wild and distinct flavor including wild rice and
robust black walnuts.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 tablespoons or 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 – 1 cup Fancy Large Hammons Black Walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook wild rice according to basic directions.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Sauté Black Walnuts, green onions, mushrooms and green peppers for about 3 minutes
or until the vegetables soften slightly.
- Add wild rice and garlic salt and continue cooking, stirring several times, until
wild rice is heated through.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Hammons Products Company