This is a good accompaniment to any meat or poultry main course. The orange peel
and nuts really add to this dish.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups raw brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup sliced Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives, drained
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add rice, salt, butter, chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar
and grated orange rind. Stir briefly; cover.
- Lower heat and cook for 30 to 40 minutes
or until moisture is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in nuts and black olives.
- Let stand for several minutes over very low heat.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Rice Recipes