Fiery Pineapple Rice
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup diced dried pineapple
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In sauce pan, bring water, jasmine rice, dried pineapple and jalapeno pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in roasted cashews and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then serve.