- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- Combine butter, celery, scallions and pepper in medium skillet. Sauté until tender
but not brown.
- Add salt and broth, bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and pimento. Cover and remove
from heat. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 7/5/01 8:57:43 am
Source: This recipe is from Bebe, a friend of mine. It was published in Southern
Living many years ago.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Rice Recipes