Montezuma Spanish Rice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green chiles
- Pour hot water over rice and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the rice and rinse it well in cold water.
- Shake the sieve and let the rice drain for a while.
- Shake the rice to remove any excess water.
- Brown onion, bell pepper, rice and beef in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 25 minute or until rice is tender.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Rice Recipes