Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
Fried rice is a delicious way to use leftover cooked rice. Simply add peas and carrots, pineapple tidbits, cooked shrimp and Lawry’s® Teriyaki Marinade to season everything.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup Lawry's® Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro and chopped green onion (optional)
- In small bowl, beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt; set aside.
- In deep 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat and cook egg mixture. With spatula, lift set edges of omelet, tilting pan to allow uncooked mixture to flow to bottom. When egg mixture is set, remove and chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In same skillet, cook shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pineapple and peas and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Stir in hot rice, egg mixture, shrimp and Lawry's® Teriyaki Marinade With Pineapple Juice; heat through.
- Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Lawry's Foods, LLC