- 1 cup rice
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped,
or 5 scallions, chopped, including green part
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 3 teaspoons chili
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of Mexican oregano
- 2 beef or chicken bouillon
- Pour hot water over rice and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the rice
and rinse it well in cold water.
- Shake the sieve and let the rice drain for a while.
- Shake the rice to remove any excess water.
- In a heavy skillet, brown rice in bacon drippings or oil over low heat.
- Add remaining
ingredients, reduce heat, cover tightly and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
You may use
any mix of the spices you like best.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.