- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green spearmint candy leaves
- 2 thin round chocolate
mints or chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 or 3 drops green food color
- Place small sheet of wax paper on work surface; sprinkle with sugar. Place spearmint
leaves on waxed paper; top with second sheet of waxed paper. Roll out leaves to
1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 2 (1 1/4 x 1-inch) shamrock shapes using small knife
or scissors. Press 1 shamrock onto each mint; set aside.
- Place banana, ice cubes, apple juice, yogurt, extracts and food color in blender
or food processor; blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into glasses. Garnish with mints.
Makes 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
For the adults, add 1/4 cup rum to the banana mixture before blending,