- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup minced apples
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (for topping)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (for topping)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 12-inch baking pan.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in the butter.
Add sugar and apples. Mix in the egg and milk to make a soft dough. Knead until ingredients are well-mixed.
- Spread in prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 2-inch squares when done. Split each square diagonally. Butter. Dust
the tops thickly with granulated sugar.
- Serve warm.