- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup toffee pieces
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
Blarney Bar Icing
- About 4 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 can (or 3/4 cup) vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9-inch square
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the brown sugar.
Blend in the eggs, one at a time. Add the milk and vanilla extract, then blend the wet ingredients again.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the quick-cooking
oats and fold in the toffee bits. Add the pecans, and blend the mixture well with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan. Press the mixture
firmly into the pan, making sure to form an even surface for your bars.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick may be cleanly
removed from the center of the bars. Cool in the baking pan on a wire rack.
- While the bars are cooling, prepare the frosting by blending
together the green food coloring and prepared vanilla frosting. Spread an even layer of the frosting over the bars,
then cut in a diamond shape to serve.
Yield: about 3 dozen bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.