Blarney Stone Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 3/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon allspice
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar. Press each
layer firmly in place before adding the next ingredient. (makes 5 cups of mix)
- Attach these instructions to the jar:
- Empty jar into large mixing bowl; use you hands to thoroughly mix. Add 1/2 sticks
soft butter, 2 eggs slightly beaten and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Mix until completely blended - you will need to finish
mixing with your hands. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 to 11 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and remove cookies to racks to cool
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen