Brownies with Irish Cream Topping
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan
with aluminum foil, leaving at least 2 inches of foil overhanging on all sides. Set aside.
- Brownies: Melt chocolate and butter together
in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar, vanilla extract and salt into chocolate mixture,
followed by the eggs, one at a time. Continue whisking mixture until it is shiny and smooth. Add flour and whisk
just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and level top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until cake tester comes out with a few
moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Topping: Heat liqueur to a boil, remove from heat
and whisk in white chocolate until it is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate until mixture
becomes thick enough to spread, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Spread topping over brownies and refrigerate until cold. Let stand at
room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- To cut, lift brownies, foil and all out of pan, peel off foil and cut.