Brownies with Irish Cream Topping
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan
with aluminum foil, leaving at least 2 inches of foil overhanging on all sides. Set aside.
- Brownies: Melt chocolate and butter together
in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar, vanilla extract and salt into chocolate mixture,
followed by the eggs, one at a time. Continue whisking mixture until it is shiny and smooth. Add flour and whisk
just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and level top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until cake tester comes out with a few
moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Topping: Heat liqueur to a boil, remove from heat
and whisk in white chocolate until it is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate until mixture
becomes thick enough to spread, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Spread topping over brownies and refrigerate until cold. Let stand at
room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- To cut, lift brownies, foil and all out of pan, peel off foil and cut.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.