Saint Patrick's Day Recipes
Chocolate Chip Shamrocks
Chocolate Chip Shamrocks are delicious cut-out cookies containing chocolate chips. These will make everyone's St. Patrick's Day special. Decorate them with green icing and sprinkles.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 9 min | Yield: 36 cookies (3 dozen)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting, colored green if desired
- 1 container green coarse sugar or candies
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in morsels.
- Shape dough into 2 round discs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll each disc to 1/4 inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut into shamrock shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread with frosting; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com