Chocolate Studded Shamrocks
Tiny chocolate morsels are baked into these colorful shamrock-shaped cookies
for a St. Patrick's Day treat.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 2 tablespoons green colored sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour and baking powder in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla
extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in dry
ingredients. Stir in morsels. Refrigerate for a few minutes until firm.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls; place three together to form shamrock shape
on ungreased baking sheets. Roll small amount of dough to form stem. Sprinkle cookies with green sugar. Repeat with
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies | Prep: 25 min | Cook: 8 min
Nutritional Information - serving size 1 - calories per serving 110,
calories from fat 50
% daily value* Total Fat 6g 9% Saturated Fat 3.5g 19% Cholesterol 20mg
6% Sodium 40mg 2% Carbohydrates 13g 4% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Vitamin A 2% Vitamin
C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2% Sugars 7g Protein 1g
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.