Clover Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Golden Crisco Shortening
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) green candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place sheets of
foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla extract in
large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture
at low speed just until blended. Stir in candy-coated pieces. Drop rounded tablespoonsful (15 mL) of dough
3 inches (7 cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies