Green with Envy Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake bars — with contrasting layers of green, white and black — get a hint of sophistication from rich dark chocolate and refreshing pure peppermint extract.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of foil-lined 9-inch square baking pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream and peppermint extract; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour 1/2 of the batter over crust. Tint remaining batter green with food color. Pour over batter in pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into bars. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate.
- Store leftover bars in refrigerator.
Yield: 24 servings | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 30 min
per serving Calories: 215 Fat: 15 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Cholesterol: 69 mg Sodium: 184 mg Fiber: 0 Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: