Irish Cream Swirl Brownies
This favorite takes on a seasonal twist with a splash of Irish cream liqueur and green food coloring. The decadent brownie and swirl topping will leave everyone tapping their feet to a Celtic tune.
For easy clean-up, line pan with foil with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Use foil handles to remove brownie from pan. Place on cutting board and cut into squares.
- 1 (18 to 20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur*
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
* If desired, 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract may be used in place of the Irish cream liqueur. Omit flour.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Reserve 1 cup batter. Spread remaining batter in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, flour and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add Irish cream liqueur, egg and food color; beat until well blended. Pour over brownie layer in pan. Drop reserved 1 cup batter by spoonsful
over cream cheese layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake as directed on package for 9-inch square baking pan.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 35 min
per serving Calories: 292 Fat: 16 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Cholesterol: 53 mg
Sodium: 179 mg Fiber: 1 Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: