Irish Mist Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 drops green food color
- 2 drops yellow food color
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and 2 squares chocolate in 2-quart saucepan
over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (4 to 6 minutes).
- Stir in all remaining brownie ingredients until well mixed. Spread
into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie just begins to pull away
from sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Combine all filling ingredients except chocolate in small bowl.
Beat at medium speed until creamy. Spread over cooled bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Cover; store refrigerated.