Irish Whiskey Triple Layer Brownies
You will need the luck of the Irish not to polish these off in one sitting. Enjoy and have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- 1 cup Challenge Dairy Butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Irish Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Challenge Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
Irish Whiskey Drizzle
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt butter.
- Whisk in sugar, instant coffee and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and whisk for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ground chocolate, flour, baking powder and salt until blended. Add all at once to butter mixture and stir just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips just until blended. Set aside.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and whiskey and beat until smooth.
- Layer half of the brownie batter in prepared pan.
- Cover with cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly and all the way to edges.
- Top with remaining brownie mixture, spreading to cover cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes; or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Drizzle with Irish whiskey drizzle.
- Cut and serve.