Irish Whiskey Triple Layer Brownies
You will need the luck of the Irish not to polish these off in one sitting. Enjoy and have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- 1 cup Challenge Dairy Butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Ghiradelli Sweet Ground Chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Irish Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Challenge Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
Irish Whiskey Drizzle
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt butter. Whisk in sugar, instant coffee and vanilla extract. Add eggs and whisk for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ground chocolate, flour, baking powder and salt until blended. Add all at once to butter mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips just until blended. Set aside.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Add eggs and whiskey and beat until smooth.
- Layer half of the brownie batter in prepared pan. Cover with cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly and all the way to edges. Top with remaining brownie mixture, spreading to cover cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes; or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Drizzle with Irish whiskey drizzle. Cut and serve.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Recipe by: Laurie Figone