Pistachio-Lime Shamrock Cookies
If shamrock-shape cookie cutter is not available, cut
out shamrock pattern from a piece of heavy paper and cut cookie
dough using pattern and sharp knife. Or cut with 2 to 2 1/2-inch
round cookie cutter and pipe icing in shamrock shape on cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cookies: Cream butter and sugar; beat in egg. Stir in
flour and lime peel; mix in pistachios. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough 1/4-inch thick; cut shapes with shamrock-shaped cookie
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cookies on ungreased baking
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Pipe lime icing to outline cookies.
- Lime Icing: Combine butter, confectioners' sugar, milk
and lime peel in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth.
Yield: 30 cookies; 1/2 cup icing