Ruthee's Irish Lace Cookies
Inexpensive rolled oats take the place of chopped pecans in this crisp, elegant cookie.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus extra
- 4 tablespoons flour, plus extra
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla extract. Stir in flour, milk, and rolled
- Drop batter by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, allowing room for cookies
to spread to about 3 inches in diameter. Each baking sheet will hold about 6 cookies.
- Bake until cookies flatten and look dry (10 minutes).
- Let cookies cool for 4 to 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Lift from baking sheet with a metal spatula and cool completely.
If making these cookies ahead, store airtight after baking. Re-crisp by warming
on a baking sheet in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Per serving: 89 Calories; 4g Fat (43% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 12g
Carbohydrate; 11mg Cholesterol; 5mg Sodium
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.