Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a Bit-of-Irish Cheesecake! A nip of Irish cream liqueur and a pecan crust make this Irish cheesecake a crowd-pleaser.
Fun Idea: Celebrate St. Patrick's Day by garnishing chilled cheesecake with green colored sugar just before serving. Or, sprinkle the green colored sugar over a clover-shaped template placed on top of chilled cheesecake to resemble a shamrock.
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300 degrees F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
- Mix pecans, 2 tablespoons sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and the flour in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream and liqueur; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until center is almost set. Run small knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Prep: 20 min | Total: 5 hr 25 min | Yield: 16 servings
Cappuccino Cheesecake in Nut Crust: Prepare cheesecake filling as directed, substituting 1 tablespoon MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water for the liqueur.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company